Saturday, October 29, 2011

THE ORDINARY LIFE

I have thought about my life, this journey my Lord has me on. thought about it more of late.  While my life may not seem great to others, to me it has been one of steady progression, never dull, sometimes exciting, doing with out, tired, lonely, happy, fulfilled, but always learning.  My course altered a number of times through the years but never truly deviated from the plan God had for me.
I'm reminded of the verse in Acts 4:13, "...they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus."  Did you notice the words, 'ordinary men' 'that had been with Jesus".  Love that picture. 
Real living is made up of ordinary moments all strung together like the notes on a sheet of music.  And in the end of life all those ordinary moments will make one eternal symphony of praise in heaven.
I talked with a Navy fighter pilot ( I tried to be one) and he was describing what it was like flying into the battle zone. Hours of sheer boredom flying in, then suddenly, 90 seconds of sheer terror.  Sometimes life is like that, we live our 'ordinary lives' then something happens that causes us to start going to pieces. That's those times we cry out to God to hold our hands and get me through this storm.  And He does.
Might it be said of us, They are ordinary people who have been with Jesus.
I sincerely covet your prayers during this time of seeking the Lord for His direction in my life.

With you in His service,
Troy

No comments: