Thursday, March 28, 2013

A TIME LINE OF LAST 3 YEARS

I know that there has been a lot of confusion with what I am doing now.  I hope to clear it up a little with this time line of my activities on this journey.

In January, 2010 Jeanne went home to be with her Lord and Savior. I was lost with out the love of my life and partner in ministry.  I felt as if life was over for me, it was as far as it had been. I felt like ministry was over because I was single.  I was at loose ends, not even having strength to go on. 
God began to show me that there were things I could do and be involved in, even at my advanced age of 64. ;~>

July '10 God used His Word to speak encouragement and guidance. I had never noticed Isaiah 41:9-10, "...you are my servant; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Along with Jeremiah 29:11, and others, God spoke directly to me about the very things I was struggling with.

August '10 my brother Doyle came to Arkansas and we shared for two days. He offered me a place to live if I wanted to at Sox Place. He encouraged me to come, rest, let the Lord heal and begin to show me what He had for me.

October '10 I left Arkansas and arrived in Denver.  I began to do the cooking duties for 75 +/- young people once a day. Now, I've always said I could cook, I could fry baloney and eggs.  We fixed a meal with what ever had been donated to us. I did a lot of spaghetti, and rice with meat, mac and cheese.  I helped for a while at this.
In July I had a crazy thought go through my head that ... I could do this from now on, cook in morning and have rest of day off.  Almost immediately I rejected that thought as not right and not from the Lord.
In September, Doyle met with me and he shared that the Lord had been dealing with him about me.  Now remember, Doyle is my 'little' brother and he was nervous about sharing this word with older brother.  I'll say right here that Doyle is one of my heroes in the faith and I listen when he talks, especially about the Lord.  He said that he felt the Lord tell him that Sox Place was in the way of Him talking to me.  WOW, remember my thought back in July?  So I stepped back from involvement at Sox Place and prayed.  I still lived there, rent free.
Oct thru December I made inquiries around the area for churches needing and interim pastor.  My pastor at Christian Indian Center encouraged me in this search.  He suggested I look at a website that placed jobs notices for Christian workers.  I did and found a local church needing a fill-in preacher for awhile. I answered the ad and was asked to fill the pulpit once in December. The Old Country Church, and the worship music was OLD country gospel and Bluegrass.  Loved it!  and met on Saturday nights.
I met Bob Phelps there and he also had answered the ad.  We became fast friends and one evening he approached me.  He felt the Holy Spirit wanted him to talk to me about coming over to a church he was helping at, Set Free Church.
In January, I spoke at Set Free on a Sunday morning.
In February I started going to Set Free on a regular basis.
In March I was asked to be the Director of Men's Discipleship program. I accepted the position.  This was a live-in program for men wanting free from an addictive lifestyle.  I continued to do this until December, 2012. 
In December there was a change in church leadership and I resigned as my services were no longer needed.  Pastor also resigned.

In January, 2013, Pastor Bob and I began talking of starting a new church. Actually we had talked a little about it months before.  Laying the idea.  In late January, we started Open Arms Community Church.  We are now looking at renting a school for Sunday mornings.

Now that should clear up what I am doing now.

I have been looking for a part-time job to bring in the necessary funds to continue living independently.  I believe that the Lord has opened a door to a good fit - part-time delivery driver for CarQuest auto parts.  Should start this Monday.  I'm reminded of a coffee cup I have that has this printed on it - This job affords  me two luxuries I have become use to...eating and living inside.

The Lord bless you all on this journey we are on.

Troy






No comments: