Saturday, March 9, 2013

LOOKING AHEAD

I have spent several blog posts on what has happened on my God ordained journey. I believe it is ok, even the Bible in various places tells us to remember -- what God has done, what we use to be like but now aren't, etc.  The Jewish Passover is a time of remembrance. The Lord's Supper, Communion, is a time of remembering what Jesus did on the cross.

However, you can't drive forward in a car by looking in the review mirror.  And from my Navy days, you can't steer a ship that is anchored and not moving.

Communion also is a time of looking back, but it is also a time of looking forward to when Jesus returns.  It is said that in the early church, men would approach a fork in the road and look down the road in each direction.  They would come up over a rise and look with anticipation.  Why?  They were looking for Jesus.  They expected Him to return at any time and they did not want to miss Him.

As I travel on this road God is leading me on, I think of it as an adventure.  What is just around the corner? Just over the next rise? Will I meet Jesus?  What new thing has God in store for me?  How will He use me next?  While there are bumps in the road, potholes that knock me around, still the journey continues.  His will be done in my life.  May I let Him use me in the way He has planned.

I know that God has each one of you reading this on a journey He has planned for you.  Would you consider sharing some thoughts about your journey?  Your journey can be a blessing to others. 

Check the comments highlite at the end of this posting and write your comments/thoughts.  As you do just remember that others will also read and will be encouraged.

Watch for the beauty that God is allowing you to experience each day.  He does it just for you.

Moving along and looking ahead with anticipation and expectation.
A fellow traveler,
Troy

No comments: