Saturday, August 3, 2019

Traveling

Isaiah 48:17, "This is what he Lord says - your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: 'I am the Lord your God , who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."

I first was lead to this verse in 1984 and have placed it as one of my life verses. However, just after I started this journey I was lead back to it, especially the last words, 'who directs you in the way you should go'. He has shown me at different junctures which roads I was to take. Even changing my destinations. It's exciting.

 I have found the word for m kind of trip - CODDIWOMPLE - to travel purposefully to wards an as
yet unknown destination. Yep, that is what I am doing.

So what has my journey thus far been like? Left Denver on June 25 and the end of day was in Guymon, OK. Along the say I stopped in Kit Carso, CO for lunch. Best Chicken fried steak I've had in years. And the size covered one platter by itself. Was shocked to find that gasoline in northern Oklahoma was $2.11 to $2.22.

I arrived in Fayetteville, Ark on the 26th, I hadn't planned on driving that fast or that many hours each day. Had a Robinson Shindig on the 4th with my siblings and their families. I enjoyed being there as I have a lot of history in that area. I left there on Wednesday the 24th, almost one month to the day I left Denver.

I arrived in Metamora, MI, on the next Saturday. Without a bathroom break I was hustled off to a Graduation Party. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Met people I hadn't seen in years. Everyone treated me as family. I have always enjoyed being with Jeanne's family as they treat  me as family.

My next leg of this journey is to see The Ark in Kentucky then on down to Roan Mtn, Tenn. for Ari and Natalie's wedding on the 12th..

As I do this I think of Abram when God speaks to him In Gen 12:1 and Acts 7:3, " go to the land that I will show you". Notice that God said go but didn't tell him where? Just go. Obey when God tells you something to do - just do it.

Until the next update, I pray that God will bless and keep y'all in His hands of love and protection.

Troy

No comments: