Saturday, August 3, 2019

I forgot to mention somethings

 Somethings I forgot to mention.

I attended my 56th class reunion while in Springdale. Had a good time reconnecting.

Also, Eureka Springs was once called the Little Switzerland of the Ozarks. I couldn't drive thru the original downtown area as my bus was too wide. Homes from the 1800 to early 1900's are still in use and many have been turned in to B/B's. Well worth going on your Bucket List. I know because I traveled that area a building material salesman so I saw the back streets and have always been fascinated by the town, just like I traveled to the small town of Branson, MO, before it became the town it is today.

Just a few miles east of Eureka Springs, AR, is a small town, Berryville, AR. there is a museum there called Saunders Museum. It is mainly a collection of firearms from the 17 to 18  hundreds. Also, period furniture and clothing. There are 893 pistols in the collection. Also some rifles. I saw two that I once had, a 1873 octagon barrel Winchester and a 1892 carbine. The smallest pistol will fit in my palm and the cartridge is 1/3 the size of a .22. Not allowed to take photos inside, but you might check out their website.

The drive across northern Arkansas to Mountain  Home and beyond is one of the most beautiful drives you can take.

I'll post more later on from my waning memory

No comments: