Saturday, January 18, 2014

I WANT TO KNOW HIM...REALLY KNOW HIM

A couple of months back I was teaching in Phil 3:7-11.  A moving message, for me and for others.  When Paul talks about everything being loss he is saying that there is nothing he wants to keep or even remember.  Think about this...if you were to lose everything in your life, everything, nothing left as was with Job, would you still love and serve the Lord?  Jewell Probasco shared how the Lord lead her into this test. Powerful testimony.
When Paul says he counts everything as loss he is graphic in the picture.  One translation says he counts it as "Dog Dung".  Another way to look at this loss is like this...when our bodies pass off waste stuff that is stuff that has no nutritional value!  Our bodies can't use the stuff.  That is what Paul is talking about...stuff that can do us no good.
He goes on to count it as all loss compared to knowing Jesus. The Amplified Version puts it this way: the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth and supreme advantage of knowing Jesus and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly.  He continues this view in verse 10.
As I was winding up my message it became a cry of my heart - I WANT TO KNOW, TO REALLY KNOW HIM!  For days, weeks, that has been the cry of my heart.
After a few days, I ran across the worship chorus ... Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord. Come and quench the thirsting of my soul. Bread of Heaven feed me till I want no more. Fill me up and make me whole.
Couldn't get that out of my mind for days, still there, in fact. Still along the lines of I WANT TO KNOW HIM!!
 A few weeks ago, on a Sunday morning while I was suppose to be making announcements, the Holy Spirit took me over and we had a great time of quietly hanging out in His presence for about half an hour.  All being preceded by the song, You are the air I breathe. I am desperate for you, I am lost with out you.  Still for me the same thought, I WANT TO KNOW HIM!
I am on a journey into His presence in a way that I have never been before.  It is exciting and humbling.

I want to share more as time goes on how my Lord is leading me into a closer love relationship with Him.
My next posting, I think, will be on my journey into the difference between Praise and Worship.  As my friend, Jewell Probasco puts it, You can Praise God with sin in your heart. You cannot Worship God with sin in your heart.
Stay tuned and come back again soon.
I am desperate for you, Lord. Fill my cup, Lord.
Love y'all.
Troy

No comments: