Saturday, September 21, 2019

STARTING MY JOURNEY BACK TO DENVER

It is time to get on the road again. The scriptures caught my attention this morning as I was reading. He directs my direction and He is with me always.

Just about everywhere I stop for a few days I get comfortable and the Lord has to remind me that He has called me to the open road. And so once again He has reminded me that it is time for me to set out on this road. I'll be making my way back to Denver over the next couple of weeks.

I love the way the Lord is so gentle in reminding my of my calling. I read this statement recently … "When the Lord gives us a calling He has already taken in consideration our stupidity". If that crude word offends you you can replace it with lack of sensitivity, ignorance, pride. stubborness, whatever. I think of Jeremiah 1:5 in this case. Also, when I was in the process of starting Hope Chapel Foursquare Church in Albuquerque I was praying (whining) and telling the Lord how I didn't know how to operate, pastor a church, or how to prepare a message, etc. He gently spoke to me, "All I've asked you to do is show up." Also the verse in 1 Corithians 1:27, about God using the foolish.

So, with that in mind I will head south back into Arkansas to visit my alma mater, the University of the Ozarks in Clarksville, AR.,  and then back up to NW AR for another high school reunion in Rogers.

I've seen hundreds of acres lying barren from the rains back in the spring. I was told that 200,000+ acres in 2 ounties in Ohio were barren. Pray for those farm families who have lost a year and a half of income.

I am having problems up loading photos, but I will keep working on the problem.

On the road to heaven with all y'all.



No comments: