Tuesday, October 5, 2010

HOW ARE YOU DOING?

How are you doing? I get asked this question often. I don't mind anyone asking, however, I'm not sure how to answer most of the time.

So...how am I doing? It depends on when the question is asked - during the day or the night. Am I tired or rested?

The first months after Jeanne died I was in a pit but tried to keep up a good front around others. Silly, huh? Everyone knew I was not on top of the world. During the daytime I was focused on work so my mind didn't dwell on that missing part of my life. Evenings were the worst, and still hold some moments of loneliness. I don't get a lot accomplished in the evenings.

But...how am I doing? The Lord has been an ever present help and presence through it all. Unless you have experienced a time when you were out of control with the overwhelming circumstances in your life, the statement of "the Lord being an ever present help", probably doesn't ring a bell for you.

He is called the anchor of my soul. My Anchor!! It's another statement that is so true for me.

The Lord has shown me, over a period of months that His plan for my life is not over. Jer 29:11 I heard about 70 & 80 year old men and women going on short term mission trips to Europe and China. I began telling myself that I'm not too old for the Lord's work! He led me to Isaiah 41:9b, where He said to me, "You are my servant; I have chosen you and have not rejected you."

You might ask, didn't I already know this? Yes, but remember I'm coming out of an emotional fog the last few months. Jeanne was very much apart of His plan for my life, but her death did not stop His plan for me.

So...how am I doing? I'm ok, I'm fine, I'm doing alright, I'm still missing my friend and companion and my beloved wife, I'm still trusting in the Lord, I'm holding onto His strong right hand that He grasps me with. Isaiah 41:10

My journey with him continues and it is an exciting and fulfilling journey.

In my next writing I want to share details of Jeanne's last days, as many of you have asked about them - what happened? I thought she was doing better. I didn't know she was so bad.

Until then, may our Lord and savior bless you all with His grace and love.

Love you all.

Troy

Come visit us at http://www.soxplace.com/ and then come visit us in Denver.


No comments: